In this episode of the Grow Your Dental Practice Podcast, host Mohamed Ismail talks with co-founder of Smile Marketing, Stephen Anson, about marketing your dental practice. Now that your practice is all set up, it’s time to find you some clients (though Stephen shares that you should start before you’re ready for them).
In this episode Stephen and Mohamed discuss:
- When marketing starts – Stephen shares that marketing is often an afterthought, considering everything else you have on your plate this makes sense, but marketing should start three to six months prior to your doors opening. This allows for your marketing team to start thinking about bigger picture marketing topics like your overall brand and how to get clients in the door on the first day.
- What a digital marketing strategy is – Stephen shares that your digital marketing strategy goes beyond posting on Facebook or advertising on social media. It is an all-encompassing strategy that, in Smile Marketing’s eyes, hinges on getting visitors to your site and in your dental clinic doors. He shares the five points of digital marketing.
- How your marketing changes based off your location and brand – Marketing is not a one-size fits all strategy. Stephen shares some anecdotes about how different dental clinics marketing, and how their strategies change based on their brands, location and goals.
- How desired clientele drives marketing – Stephen talks about the importance of answering the question how do I love to serve as the answer drives how your dental clinic will market to clients.
- How your instincts can help with your dental clinic marketing – As you market your practice, you’ll learn what works and what doesn’t. Stephen shares that listening to your instincts can benefit your marketing strategy.
- Your marketing budget – Stephen shares some thoughts and strategies for distributing your marketing budget.
- Understanding your performance – No discussion about marketing would be complete without going over how to measure your marketing performance. Steven walks us through the importance of measuring your marketing and what to look for.
Hear the full interview by listening to the episode.
The Grow Your Dental Practice Podcast is hosted by Mohamed Ismail, founder of Shift Accounting. Mohamed is a cloud accounting expert and business advisor that works with dental and medical professionals. Shift Accounting is a Canadian digital firm that help their dental and medical clients reach their financial goals with their superior business consulting and bookkeeping services. Shift provides clients with financial insights that help them improve their profitability and achieve their goals faster.
This episode was sponsored by Xero, a cloud-based accounting software that Shift Accounting uses for all their clients.
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate and review us on your favourite podcatching app. This episode of the Grow Your Dental Practice Podcast was edited and produced by Tae Haahr. Its theme music “Happy Energetic Indie Rock” by Xena_Ann is licenced through Audio Jungle.